Thursday, September 18, 2008

BURR!!

Tonight we went to Rubios for a salad, (and ended up getting a taco too because I'm what we call a 'fatty'). It had to have been 50 degrees in there. The tips of my hair were almost icicles. I was eating as fast as I could so we could get out of there. I kept glancing at the door, thinking can I just go stand out there, just for a few seconds? It's 97 degrees out there, 50 - 55 in here. BLOWS my mind how much of a difference. I love phoenix, really i can't think of a BETTER place to live. But in some ways I have to believe its as cold as Minisotta in the summer because apparently business owners dont read the manual on their Trane air conditioning unit.

While we're on the subject, last week in church there was a man in his 40's or 50's holding a sleeping one year old walking around the room before sunday school started. He was holding a device that was not a cell phone, ipod etc. I was interested/could care less. J.D. and I were in our seats waiting for everyone to settle in. Then I hear the man with the baby and the device telling the older ladies which spots of the room were 5-6 degrees warmer than the ones they were sitting in. Of course the smart women grabbed their scriptures and sweaters and changed seats before the rest of the hethens filed in. I need to get me one of those. Air conditioners need a button that says 'comfortable'. Then people just need to stop trying to be the expert and just hit the button.

Im loosing my mind tonight. Actually, its thawing out is all. I'll be okay in the morning.

No comments: