Sunday, July 27, 2008

Hitched!

Could this weekend have anymore perfect? We left Friday for San Diego, stopped in El Centro to get a California marriage license where I dropped of my Romero and picked up a cute little Barker...I couldn't resist. :) Once we got to the hotel I rushed to get ready. I wore my hair straight, Melissa helped me get the kinks out. I put my dress on and felt amazing! J.D. came to my room to pick me up wearing tan linen pants and a bright white linen button up shirt wearing sunglasses and flip flop...BABY he looked amazing! We headed to Pacific Beach, my entourage followed (Jess, Liss & Ali). We took pictures in the last hour and a half of daylight available. Nick is so talented and made it such a fun/special experience. It helps that I'm a ham and J.D. is a stud. Saturday morning Heather went and got breakfast for the girls and J.D. took all the guys to Konos, a breakfast place right on the beach where his family goes a lot when they vacation in the area. I spent the morning repacking, playing with Jessicas babies and getting ready for the big day! At 2:00 My parents took J.D. and I to the San Diego temple. I can still feel what I felt when I was there. It was peaceful and sweet. At the ceremony: Grandma & Grandpa Thayne, Aunt Vicki, Jessica & Troy, Heather & Matt, My parents and J.D.'s mom. When we walked out of the temple little Lydia ran up and hugged me, it was super cute. We took family pictures in front of the temple then headed over to California Pizza Kitchen. I hope everybody who was there had a good time. It was everything we hoped for and we appreciate everyones support.

Currently we are in the San Diego Airport, my bag was 10lbs over so we had rearrage, but we did it all without having to throw out my 2 liters of bed head shampoo...whew!! Our flight is 1 hour delayed and didn't have time to pick our seats yesterday and now there are none available together. I might have to turn on my charm in a minute to see what we can do. We will be in Tampa tonight and on the ship Monday!

I love my life....is' the best!!!

4 comments:

Kristin said...

I can't wait to see your pictures!!! Congrats again! I can't say it enough! Thanks for keeping the blogging world updated :)

Kristin said...

PS Here's my blog so you can add it: http://erbsandjohnsons.blogspot.com

B and J said...

I'm so happy for the two of you! Have a great week and keep us posted. I live vicariously through your perfect life...I just keep telling myself...someday, someday :)Muah! Congrats!

The Smiths said...

i cant stop saying it or feeling it, I am just so very happy for you and JD! I look forward to the day we can actually all spend some time together. have so much fun on your cruise, be safe! xoxo