Thursday, July 24, 2008

Squirt Gun Wedding.




Usually when someone is going to terminate a lease, they give 30 days...to quit a job, typically 2 weeks..but how about 2 weeks notice for a wedding? :) J.D. and I got our letters from SLC on Monday July 14. We were so excited, I don't think I've stopped smiling since! Because of our schedules we decided to get married July 26! I went out and found JUST the dress I wanted in the first store, the first dress I tried on!! I took it right to my seamstress aka mircale maxine. The next day I picked out a bouqet, scheduled the temple and bishop interviews and here we are 2 days away! And people plan for YEARS for weddings? :) On top of all that my friend Shauna Richardson threw me a bridal shower and some of my closest friends came to say congratulations...it was so nice! A couple people at work who don't know me very well asked quietly if it was a shotgun wedding. I'd like to call it a squirt gun wedding. It's not so intimidating, harsh or negitive. It's a good refreshing thing!!...(and it's summertime). J.D. also referred to it as 'planned eloping'.

We are getting married in the San Diego Temple on Saturday July 26th @ 3PM. Honeymooning on a Western Carribean Cruise to the Grand Caymans and Cozumel (thank you Laurie!)

Thank you friends and family for being so good to J.D. and I. xoxo

Shauna & J.D. Barker

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Shauna! I'm so proud of you for blogging!

So, if I had included a card in my gift on Wednesday, it would have gone something like this:

Shauna, my love, I'm so lucky to have you as a friend! Whenever I think of people I'd want to be more like, you're definitely one of my top five. You so fine! And so fun. And mostly, so gosh dang loving. I doubt there's a person in the world you couldn't get to give you a great big bear hug. I'm so happy you found a real man who treats you like the queen you are. I know You & JD will have hott babies. And be really happy together. :)

Luv Your Face,

Kristin

PS ~ Sorry I jammed so quick on Wednesday. I had mucho pages to read for class the next morning. Rock that boat, girl!

B and J said...

Shauna
You're so amazing! Congrats on everything that you have going in your life...you're so lucky and I'm so happy that you two are doing the dam thing :) haha :) Call me when you get back!