Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I Got Tagged

I Got Tagged! I was tagged by Corie Green & Heather Wrong, I mean Wright; If you get tagged, Link the person who tagged you (I don't know how to do that, I just copied and pasted this first part).

Mention the rules on your blog.
Tell 6 unspectacular quirky things about you or your family.

Tag 6 fellow bloggers by linking them. Or 3...whatever.


1. "I wear a size 6 but a 7 feel so good I buy a size 8": I can quote Steel Magnolias and I usually do at least once a day, more often if I'm around my sisters. I remember the first time I watched that movie I was in High School, home "sick" and watched it upstairs with my mom. I cried my eyes out! Since then I watched it everytime I was home for anything or couldn't find anything else to watch. That's still common today, it's my default. I really don't have very many DVD's (seriously maybe 25 if you don't count all the kid church movies I have) so if I don't want to watch Juno or Billy Madison...it's Steel Magnolias! It makes me laugh, I love the closeness with the friends in the movie. I also love to torture myself with heartwrenching stories...because I'm a girl, and girls do that. "Laughter through tears is my favorite emotion."

2. "There is no such thing as natural beauty..just look at me! It takes some effort to look like this!": I wake up at 5:59, a minute before my alarm goes off every morning. I makes me crazy. Thing is, I've always wanted to be one of those "I don't need my alarm clock" people. Just wake up when it's time to wake up. The sound of the alarm is SO ANNOYING! Someday I hope to be able to disable it.


3. "How precious is this wedding gonna get I ask you?" "Mama and I, we agree on one thing...THE GROOMS CAKE. It's awful." I pulled my favorite wedding together in 12 days this summer. J.D. and I got engaged February 8, 2008. We had to submit info to the First Presidency so we could be sealed in the Temple. It took a while to get letters in/approvals/etc. We got a letter from President Monson on July 14 saying we were good to go! We asked our parents what they were doing next weekend, they said nothin so I called the San Diego temple, my mom booked hotel rooms, I bought/altered a dress, picked out pretty flower with sea shells, got our friend/photographer Nick to take the weekend! It was amazing. In OUR case, it didn't take a year to plan a wedding. Just a few days and focus. I think about those couple weeks all the time. I loved how it happened and wouldn't change any of it!!!

4. "Oh Drum would never point a gun at a lady. He's a real gentleman. Bet he takes the dishes outta the sink before he pees in it!" J.D. cooks dinner every night. It's so yummy. He has all his pot and pans goin...I just stay clear. He makes yummy chicken, steak, hamburgers, spaghetti, potatoes always squash and zucchini. Yum. I do the dishes. Yuck.

5. "The only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize!" I know I blog about the dog its lame, but Roxy is a super sweetie. When we were researching dogs and I learned about English Bulldog personalities I thought it would be too good to be true. But she's even better! I think the greatest thing about her is that shes not THAT smart. So she doesn't sneak off, she doesn't get into stuff...she doesn't 'figure' stuff out. She is polished enough that all I have to do is grab my keys and she goes in her cage. When we eat she goes to her bed (and stares) and she can sit, lay down and play dead. But only all together and only in that order. :) She's super friendly and meet new friends every time I walk her. Right now we're working on keeping her out of the kitchen (it's just too small) and getting her to stop barking so loud when she thinks someone is opening the back gate. It's so annoying. "I heard you got so screwed you cut your dog out of your will and had an ungrateful nephew put to sleep"

6. "JONATHAN! DON'T YOU DECORATE YOUR SISTER'S CAR WITH CONDOMS, IT'S TACKY!" "Well if you and Jackson want to practice safe sex..you're all set!": Forget that!

We're having a honeymoon baby!
"Looks like two pigs fightin under a blanket" I'm about 11 weeks according to me and my physician. I go the Gyno next Monday and find out more. But I feel great! Just a little tired, boobs are huge and they hurt, and I can't chew gum without gagging. We are SO excited for a Barker baby! It feels weird being pregnant. I call Jessica everyday. It makes me feel better. J.D. spoils me, just like he did before...so it's awesome.
"Smile! It increases your face value!": I tag Brittney, Shauna and Kristen

12 comments:

Matt and Heather said...

Um that was probably the cutest blog ever!!!!
I'M SO HAPPY I GET TO BE AN AUTIE AGAIN! I MEAN ANOTHER AUNT... I MEAN.... :)
I love steal magnolias... and i love you... and i love your blog

Jessica said...

That was SO cute! I love all your Steel Magnolias quotes! You're so witty! You better keep them coming cuz soon the pregnancy is going to take all your brain cells away & believe me, they don't come back...
I GET TO BE AN AUNTIE FOR THE FIRST TIME! YEA! & MY KIDS GET TO HAVE THEIR FIRST COUSIN! SO EXCITED! I LOVE YOU! (I'm so glad I can talk about it now that you announced it! Whew!)

Amanda L said...

Ok I heard rumors and Thank goodness it was not an April Fools Joke! YEAH! So happy for you! can't wait to meet your darling baby!!!! :) You are going to be an amazing mom!

Lani said...

Shauna! You are going to be a mom! I am so excited for you and J.D. You will be great. Congratulations!

PS> Gingerale...lots of it.

Corie Green said...

I can not wait for your Barker Baby! That baby is going to be too freakin cute oh and I hope it gets your hair, I mean no offense to JD but could you just see your curls on a little girl! Or a little boy!! I am so dang excited! :)

Shandi said...

Congrats!!!
Shauna Thats awesome! I am really excited for you both. Hopefully you have a great pregnancy.

Kristin said...

What is this? A tag-kristin-team of Boyd sisters? Heather also tagged me and I told her "no". :) You see, I already blogged all about myself the first time I got tagged, and i would feel silly doing it again.

I love honeymoon babies! That means that baby was conceived in L-O-V-E, not just because you felt like getting it on. ;) ;) ;) Didn't gag over gum before you became prego? CONGRATS!!!!!!! I'm going to give you the biggest "you're ego is prego" hug when I see you at the party!!

Paul-N-Daneen said...

Congratulations! Thats exciting. Good luck with pregnancy. You probably think about it all day long. I'm so happy for you.

Christi Pobst said...

YEAH SHAWNA! I totally stalk your blog and I couldn't keep it secret anymore after this post! Way to go!
Congrats to both of you!

{kim} said...

Congrats, I'm so excited for you guys! So excited that I didn't even notice any mistakes in your blog!

Corri Havlicek said...

Hey Shauna, surprise, surprise. I found you through Corie's blog. Mind if I keep reading? I have a blog too, but it's private so I have to invite you. Let me know if you want to read...sunshine86047@yahoo.com

Jamie said...

Hey congrats!!! That is so awesome! I just found out you were married, and now preggo! That is awesome! Your blog is super cute by the way...