Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Poor baby...


I took Roxy in to get spayed this morning. She was so cute trying to play with the other dogs and cats while we were waiting. She got on the scale and she weighs 48 pounds! For some reason I thought she was in the 30's. I got big tears in my eyes (I don't know why) I just can't believe how much she's grown since we got her! J.D.'s co-worker has a friend who is one of the vets at the clinic so J.D. had her check up a few times today, of course it was fine...they do this all the time...Roxy isn't the first one. She's had utters since her first heat in September, which is why we dressed her as a cow for Halloween. I should have asked them to give her a lift while she was in there! They told me when they took her that because of her breed it might be more complicated so she would go first, which meant I got to pick her up first! I got there at 3pm. When they brought her out her tounge was half out and she was SO tired she could barely walk, again my eyes filled up with tears, because I'm retarded. In fact she took a little break in the parking lot 15 feet away from the car. She cried all the way home, still with her tounge out. I couldn't get her out of the car, now that I know she almost weighs 50 pounds...if I still thought she weighed 32 it would be different. It didn't matter she walked out of the car okay and used the tiles on the grass like she always does. When we got inside she went straight to her bed and has been sleeping/crying in her sleep for over an hour, and I have a big lump in my throat. I'm a little emotional today.

3 comments:

Matt and Heather said...

Stop it! I wanna cry!!!
Poor little Foxy Roxy...
I'm so sad for her. I'll bring her a treat on thursday.

Jessica said...

Uh, I know why...BECAUSE YOU'RE PREGNANT! Believe me, I know... Everything that happens in the next 7 months will be because you're pregnant!

Poor Roxy! I remember when we had Kayde done. Tayah will have to go in soon.

Glad you finally posted! I've been waiting for you & Heather to get on the ball! Your turn Heather!

Love You!

Stonez said...

awww now I'm sad too...
that poor lil Roxy
May she bounding 1" off the floor in no time!!
:)